Student Care Coordinator
About this vacancy
Social Pedagogue working together with the Student Care Team
At Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) we make a difference in the lives of our students. We believe this is due to our clear ethos with an engaged and visible staff team creating an environment in which teachers can teach and students learn. IES schools have a dynamic international atmosphere with staff and students from all over the world.
IES Värmdö is a newly opened school for grades K-9 (K-8 academic year 2022/23) with 520 students and 60 staff. Our school is located in Gustavsberg, just a short bus ride from Slussen in the Charlottendal neighbourhood. We are now looking for a Scoail pedagogue to join our Student Care Team starting from August 2022.
Purpose of the role:
To maintain and promote the IES ethos of a calm and safe learning environment and 'tough love' by fostering a culture of respect and positivity among the students.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- On a daily basis support the school's positive behaviour through responding to daily incidents, investigations, student support plans, parent meetings, documentation, and reporting.
- Organising positive break time activities with our Senior School students during breaks and class transitions to promote positive behaviour throughout the school.
- Serve as a communication link between Heads of Year (pastoral team leaders), mentors, the Student Care team, and the Assistant Principal regarding daily student wellbeing and daily incidents.
- Support calmness and order outside of the classroom by being an active and visible presence throughout the school day by actively promoting the schools agreed upon rules.
- Role model and demonstrate appropriate individual student interventions and conversations and both encourage and guide school staff to use these independently with students in line with the IES Ethos.
- Support teachers to provide a calm and safe environment in the classroom where/if required.
- Contribute as a collaborative member of the student care team assisting in student cases and working preventatively with our 'Plan Mot Kränkande Behandling'.
- The title of this position is Social Pedagogue, and does not include leadership responsibilities. This position reports to the Assistant Principal.
You should have experience working with children and in a school environment. A background and degree related to social pedagogy, education, and/or behavioural psychology is desirable. We are looking for a person who is a positive role model and able to support students in their emotional and social development. You should have excellent communication skills, be adaptable and use initiative to problem solve and create ideas.
Interviews will be taking place on an ongoing basis, so please send in your application as soon as possible to email@example.com; or apply via our careers site.
Dela detta jobb