Biomarker Scientist at AstraZeneca, Gothenburg
Modis is a staffing & recruiting company and is part of the Adecco Group, the world´s leading HR-solutions provider across 60 countries. This scale and scope ensures Modis is truly a global community. Our mission is to be the Leading Professional Services Company by finding the right match between you as a candidate and you as a customer. We are a team with various and complementary backgrounds within Life Science, Engineering and Technology. We can ensure that we understand our customer needs and we can ensure that we understand the competence-profiles of our applicants and candidates.
We are now seeking for a Biomarker Scientist to AstraZeneca, Gothenburg. This opening is a consultant assignment for 12 months.
Job Description Summary
Recognized as expert in own area and often seen as point of reference for others.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Our Early RIA Translational Science and Experimental Medicine (TSEM) department is an agile environment with a science focused culture. Our mission is to understand disease mechanisms at the molecular level, identify the most effective target and the right patient population and close the gap between bench science and bedside clinical practice.
One of our key aspects is development of biomarkers to drive patient segmentation, demonstrate target engagement, guide dose selection and bridge to clinical outcome. As Biomarker Scientist, you are accountable for discovery of respiratory precision and target engagement biomarkers and their development and validation.
- Be responsible for design, execution, interpretation and reporting of biomarker studies
- Take an expert role for development of technologies to enable the respiratory biomarker discovery platform
- Invent and discover novel biomarkers
- Dedicatedly exploit available omics-initiatives
- Validate knowledge extracted from big omics-datasets through robust biomarker analysis in human tissue
- Use experimental medicine (MeMo studies) to identify and validate biomarkers and support recall by genotype clinical study designs
- Drive innovation in Biomarker Discovery through internal scientific development and external collaborations
- Make AZ scientifically visible by publishing scientific papers and presenting data at conferences
This is a role that requires a strong scientific background as well as excellent technical skills. You need outstanding team working skills and a history of successful collaborations. Furthermore, you are expected to have a deep understanding of the drug discovery and development process from lead identification through clinical trials
- PhD within relevant field
- Proven experimental drive and background in basic science related to respiratory research
- Technical expertise in specific biomarker discovery and analysis platform including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, epigenomics, lipidomics, NGS, mass spec etc.
- Experience and deep understanding of respiratory disease biology including understanding of molecular pathways and mechanisms
- Experience and knowledge of the biological basis for patient segmentation
- Familiar with biomarker invention and implementation
- Good networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong publication record
- Understanding of relevant technologies and methods along with scientific laboratory skills
- Post-doc experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical R&D
Please submit your application already today, or by latest 2019-06-01 by attaching your CV and personal letter in English (interviews are held continuously).
If you have any questions about the assignment, do not hesitate and contact Markus Dahl (email@example.com).